A career with the Office of Inspector General will provide you with:
Responsible and meaningful work assignments, aligned with your career goals.
- A chance to have a real impact in the delivery of services to veterans.
- Opportunities for professional growth in a work environment that provides interaction with a wide range of other professionals from the public and private sectors.
- On-the-job and formal training to assist you in developing your knowledge, skills and abilities to meet the challenges you will face.
- Career advancement opportunities and monetary recognition of your valuable contributions to the organization.
- A good starting salary with regular increases and a great benefits program.
- Interesting travel assignments and the opportunity to live in any one of a number of our nation's finest cities.
Our Recruitment Statement
"The success and quality of our work depends upon our ability to attract outstanding people and to provide them with the training and experience necessary to become successful government professionals. By joining our team, you will join an independent oversight body working in the second largest Federal department and sharing a mission second to none: to provide the best care available to America's deserving heroes, our Veterans.“
My VA OIG Stories
The VA OIG employs more than 1,100 people across the country, including auditors, lawyers, doctors, nurses, special agents, and many other professionals from a broad array of fields. They are dedicated to improving the efficiency, effectiveness, and integrity of VA programs. All of them are dedicated to improving the lives of veterans.
But each has a unique story to tell.